Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Assassins of Tamurin by S.D. Tower || Friday 50/50: Character Most/Least Likely to Commit Grand Theft Auto

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

So, this is going to be my next re-read. I haven't read this in years, and I don't have a review for it because I read it just after I found Goodreads and before I started blogging.

Synopsis:
She was only eleven years old and an orphan, yet the people of Lale's village hated her and drove her into the wilderness. Cast out, she followed her destiny to a place of dark and shadowy purposes, a school for foundling girls in the land of Tamurin. There Lale found affection, sisterhood and a home...and a profession that may cost her everything she loves. Driven by the darkest sorcery, she must conceal the truth of what she truly is...


Book Beginning:
The people of my village cast me out when I was eleven. Or at least I believed I was eleven, for neither I nor anyone in Riversong knew the day or place of my birth, much less who brought me into the world.

Page 56:
For a day and a half we rode across the valley, the mountains looming ever nearer. 





*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Most Likely
Jace Herondale
He kind of already did in City of Bones with the Motorcycle.


Least Likely
Anna Whitt
She's just too nice to steal anything or really do any harm to anyone if she can avoid it.

10 comments:

  1. This book looks really familiar but I don't remember if I had it in my library or something that looked similar. Are you enjoying it? Hope so. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it the first time I read it. I haven't started the re-read yet.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. I have been rereading books from before I blogged lately too. This week I am spotlighting Geekerella by Ashley Poston. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of The Assassins of Tamvrin before, but it sounds really good! And it must be if you are re-reading it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginning was enough to pull me in! So intriguing!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding this book to my tbr.

    Good choice with Jace!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is familiar to me too. I think I'll see if I have it on my list.

    My Friday 56 from Outre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting opening! Thanks for playing along on Book Beginnings!

    Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, Jace totally would steal a car. No doubt about it. Yeah.... he did take that bike, so that does count.... right? I would think so!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete