Translate

Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
   Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.
   Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems--and his protection comes at a price.
   Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves?




Book Beginning:
In my dream , I'm with Hideo


56%:
"Don't do this, Tanaka-san," Taylor says gently. "We might be so close to a breakthrough."

9 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying it. Thanks for sharing.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one. This week I am spotlighting Connections in Death by J. D. Robb. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie Lu is really onto it again with this series, Enjoy. My quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. A series I have on my GR list. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Warcross. I am really looking forward to it and this one! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy it. I haven't come across this particular Lu series much. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tokyo setting sounds interesting, as does the conflict between her feelings for Hideo and against what he is trying to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't started this series. I need to fix that:)

    My Friday 56 from Silver River Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this one. Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete