Translate

Monday, January 28, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Read List

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


Leaving out the books I own and haven't read, I am going to make this a list of books that I want to either buy and read, or borrow from the library to read. Some are even on my wish/holds through my library.
I have had the same 10+books as my TBR for over a year now, so sharing those again is pointless. This list is in no particular order.

Books I own
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - After I finish my re-read of GoF, I am going to read this. Though I don't know when that will be, as it is taking me FOREVER to read these books for some reason.

Archenemies by Marissa Meyer - I just bought this book today. I just started reading Renegades, but I was at the store, and this was on sale so I picked it up.

Don't own, but want to read

Legend series by Marie Lu (graphic Novel editions) - So, the Legend series is my favorite dystopian series. I love the characters, I love the world, and I love the themes. I also love that the book doesn't completely focus on North America. It includes the whole world. Which many of books in the genre don't really do. The Graphic Novels would just add another layer to the series that I really want to see.

Once a King by Erin Summerill - I recently finished the sequel, Ever the Brave, and I felt that it left things unfinished, so I want to read this one to see how things get wrapped up. Though it appears that we are no longer following Britta, but the King and Lirra. Not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see how it goes.

Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes - I haven't read the 5th book yet, but I am still excited/anxious for how this series to end.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer - I must be in a Marissa Meyer mood. She is among my favorite authors

The Wicked King by Holly Black - Initially, I didn't know how I was going to feel about Cruel Prince, but after reading it I really enjoyed it, and I want to know what happens next.

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - I need this book in my life right now. I don't have anything else to say.

Books on Hold from the Library

Wildcard by Marie Lu - Also recently read Warcross, and while it isn't my favorite by this author, I still want to know how things end. 

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - I've been eyeballing this book for a while. Since it first came out. I keep waffling on whether I want to read it or not. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend money on a book I've heard so many mixed things about. So, in steps the library.

8 comments:

  1. I recently picked up Renegades and would like to read ONE of Marissa Meyer's books in 2019. I've actually never read anything by her, so I'm hopeful. Someday I'd like to read Erin's book too since when the first book of this trilogy released, there was lots of good hype surrounding it. Hope you enjoy all of these, Marie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Heartless. I hope you like it too when you get around to it. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. yess i love Legend and Harry Potter too! and i have a copy of Heartless in my shelf, but for some reason I'm just not in the mood to read it (though I love the Lunar Chronicles series). I hope you get to read them soon <3

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Heartless a few years ago and it was really great!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/top-ten-tuesday-196/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list. I really need to start the Dennard series. I've been slowly adding them from Book Outlet when I see them. Hope you enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Legend Series is good up to now, and I also enjoyed The Cruel Prince.
    Hope you enjoy all of your reads!

    Marti | https://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed Truthwitch and have loved every book so far. I hope you get a chance to pick up the series this year. Hope you enjoy all the other new books on your TBR.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Legend the Graphic Novel was adorable. I have the other two as well, but I haven't read them yet. They won't take long to read though. Loved The Wicked King and Wildcard, and need to read Once A King.

    ReplyDelete