Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Renegades (Renegades #1) by Marissa Meyer || Friday 50/50: Most/Least Overrated Main Character

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Synopsis:
Secret Identities. Extraordinary Powers. She wants vengeance. He wants justice.
   The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies — humans with extraordinary abilities — who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone... except the villains they once overthrew.
   Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice — and in Nova. But Nova's allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.




Book Beginning:
We were all villains in the beginning.


Page 56:
Shaking his head, he started to laugh, wryly at first, but it quickly grew with real humor, even if it was at his own expense.










*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Over-rated
Clary Fray. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
She's a decent character, but in the end, she is just okay. And annoyingly judgemental of other girls. I used to think there was something really special about her, but in hindsight, she's fairly average.

Under-rated
Cleo, Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
There is just something about her that I love. She's mostly not the typical MC. She can't fight, she has no magical powers. If you boil it down, she is a girl who risks her life to save her kingdom.

9 comments:

  1. Renegades looks interesting. I haven't read anything by Marissa Meyer in a while and need to check out some her recent novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles but I haven't had a chance to pick this one up. That opening line sounds really cool though.
    My Friday 56 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sound of this series, but haven't had a chance to pick it up. Hope you enjoy!
    My 56: Trail of Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you when it comes to Clary, when I first started this series when I was around sixteen, I loved her! Thought she was so awesome and all that jazz but as the years went by and more books kept coming out... she's rather average.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this one. It was different but good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is on my wishlist. I loved her Lunar Chronicles. This week I am spotlighting Whispers Under Ground by Ben Aaronovitch as I try to finish a series I just discovered. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't my genre at all but I loved the Lunar Chronicles and have really been wanting to read this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this around. I have read some of the author's previous works.

    ReplyDelete