Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


The problem here is, most of my favorite bookish settings and the worlds they are set in, I would die almost instantly if I were to go there. The list is in no particular order.


Hobbiton, Middle Earth - I really want to live in Hobbiton. I'd settle for a vacation home there.

Hogsmeade Harry Potter books - This seems like a safe bet, it's the only all-wizard village mentioned in the series, I think. 

Oz,  L. Frank Baum World of Oz - Now I haven't read the book since probably 4th grade, and I don't remember if I ever finished it. BUT! I would still like to visit.

Fantasia, Neverending Story - As long as that terrifying wolf G'Mork is nowhere to be found, I want to visit Fantasia and hang out with Falcor. 

Earth Nation, Avatar Last Airbender comics -  Maybe this is cheating, but I don't care. Comics count as books, fight me. I want to see a Rabaroo up close.
Fairfold, Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black  - A small town that exists next to a forest of Fae. Although it could be dangerous because Fae like to mess with people.

Narnia - Because it's Narnia. And there are so many places the movies didn't get to explore that the books did. I want to see all of Narnia.

Eretz, Daughter of Smoke and Bone - I really need to re-read this series. But from what I remember the world there sounds amazing and I want to see it.

London Institue, Shadowhunter books - I don't recall if it was mentioned in any other series other than Infernal Devices, but I'd still like to go there. Just to see the Library at the very least.

Ravka, Grisha series - Another world that just sounds beautiful and amazing. Although this is one world that I have the highest chance of dying if I were to go there.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I read a lot of dystopias, and there’s no way I’d want to vacation in those worlds. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Narnia was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/top-ten-tuesday-136/

    ReplyDelete