Translate

Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: Between the Blade and the Heart (Valkyrie #1) by Amanda Hocking || Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite Sidekick

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
     Valkyries have one great responsibility: to return immortals to the afterlife by slaying them. As a Valkyrie, Malin has always known that the balance of the world rests on her ability to carry out orders. But when Malin discovers that her mother spared the life of an immortal who was destined to die, her world is thrown into chaos. 
     Malin not only wrestles with the knowledge that her mother might not be who she thought—she’s also thrust into the path of a gorgeous blue-eyed guy named Asher who needs her help slaying the rogue immortal who destroyed his family. The balance of the world is at stake. And, as Asher competes with Malin’s ex for her love and loyalty, so is her heart.



Book Beginning:
In the Time Before...
In the vast emptiness of space, the gods grew restless, and so they created the heavens above and the worlds below. They filled the Earth with every creature imaginable, from the smallest fish in the sea to the largest dragon in the sky.

My 56:
I sat up slowly, and I felt like I was waking from a horrible dream. I hadn't been sleeping, but it still felt like none of this could be real.







*******
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Favorite
Simon Lewis, TMI

Least
Grover, Percy Jackson

5 comments:

  1. I met Amanda Hocking once when she had just switched from being self-pubished to a traditional publisher. I still haven't ever read any of her books books though. This week I'm reading Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of iffy on Grover too! I don't know why but I just couldn't get into his character.

    Ooo Simon is so great! I also LOVE Magnus from TMI (he and Alec are my OTP)! Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard anything about Amanda Hocking in a while. This book sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon is such a great sidekick! I agree!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete