Translate

Monday, October 2, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Boyfriends

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


I mostly read YA, and those characters are a lot younger than I am... so I'm basing this list on how the boyfriend treated their S.O. more than who I would want to be with. I really had to think about this list, because I don't really read books for how a relationship is, not anymore anyway. Books, where a romance is the focus, have lost their appeal for me.


1. Ayden from Unraveling You Series A beautiful story of friends that fall in love, Ayden is just such a sweet guy, who is not only a sweet person in spite of what he has been through but a really well-developed character.

2. Arin from The Winner's Trilogy - Where trust had to be earned on both sides, this is a really good story about star-crossed lovers. I know this book had a lot of controversy surrounding it. But I think those people were only reading the surface of the story. Kestral never treated Arin like he was lesser. She talked to him like a regular person, She never acted like she was his "owner". 

3. Logan from The Reed Brothers Series - Really, any of these Reed brothers works for this list. They are just a group of 5 brothers that are just big sweethearts, they respect every woman they meet. They are the anti-stereotype of tattooed men in books. (this series has an absurd number of books, I wanted to read them all, but there are just too many. I've read about half.)

4. Mal from the Grisha trilogy - Sorry, to all you Nikolai fans, but I never really bought that he loved Alina. She was all political bargaining chip to him. Sure, it took Mal to realize how he really felt for her until after she was no longer in his life. But they had known each other their whole lives, it's hard to realize that sort of thing with someone you are that close with.

5. Mik from Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy (mainly Night of Cake & Puppets) - He is such a sweetie, and really understanding considering what he gets dragged into in book 3. You can read Night of Cake and Puppets without reading the rest of the trilogy. If you didn't like the trilogy, I still recommend the novella. It really has nothing to do with the rest of the series, just a cute little blip of stuff that happened in the background.

6. Simon Lewis from TMI - Yeah, not Jace. I think he's actually kind of a shitty boyfriend. Simon is just so gosh darn cute and a really kind person.

7. Noah from Pushing the Limits - Another book that has some slight controversy these days, but he's on this list because he helped Echo face what happened to her, he helped her overcome her anxiety by almost forcing her to remember. While some might view that as abusive, it's actually the best thing to do. If somebody is suffering from depression and anxiety because or repressed memories helping those memories surface and facing them is the "right" thing to do.

8. Ronan from The Raven Boys - My favorite character in the series. I don't know what made me choose him for this list, but here he is. I just think that he would be good for the person he ends up with (not sharing that in case there are people who read this blog that have yet to read the series, and want to)

9/10. Kit and Grady from The Goblins of Bellwater - These cousins sacrificed quite a bit for the women they cared for. It's hard to explain more without spoiling the book. Great standalone, I suggest reading it.

10 comments:

  1. The 'Winner' trilogy is still on my must-read TBR. Someday I'll get to them - and I look forward to meeting these characters. I've seen Noah on another list today, and I too have a soft spot for Simon. Though I've not met Book Simon only movie and TV show Simon. :)

    PS: I like that you explain why you chose these characters. Well said. It's not necessarily that we'd date all of our crushes, but more that they were the right person (or other half) of their sweetheart in whatever story they live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Raven Boys. Not sure that Rowan would be my first pick, though. My Top Literary Crushes, reprise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put a hold on The Winner's Curse from my library on Overdrive. Thank you for feeding my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel kind of like you in that I'm more interested in the way the guys treat their ladies and not necessarily interested in "dating" them myself. I'll have to check out some of the books on your list.

    Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love so many of these fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice take on the topic! I like how you explained how you chose them. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/03/top-ten-tuesday-127/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Winner's Curse was one of my favorite books when I read it, but haven't read the sequels yet!! I think I'm just hesitant because I had such high expectations at first. A big yes to Simon Lewis!! I think Jace is a horrible boyfriend. I mean, I love him, but his communication skills are severely lacking. I would get so angry if I was dating someone like Jace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, what a lovely post!! <3 GAH! I so agree with Goblins of Bellwater... I didn't put them on my list but I should have... they both were delightful... Also so intrigued by The Winner's trilogy... I always hear bad things about it but glad to hear some positivity!

    This week I twisted the topic and talked about why fall in love with characters... http://wp.me/p3LRfZ-5Wm

    ReplyDelete