Translate

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: The Chieftain's Daughter (Irish Witch #3) by Leigh Ann Edwards || Friday 50/50: Character Most/Least Likely to Run Naked Down the Street

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Synopsis:
Young, pregnant witch, Alainn McCreary, is forced to rely on her mysterious and unpredictable magical powers in an attempt to protect the life of her strong and courageous new husband, Killian O’Brien, and the life of their unborn child, battling against all odds waged by a powerful and corrupt chieftain, a vengeful curse, and malevolent dark forces unleashed by a scheming demon. 





Book Beginning:
As jagged streaks of lightning illuminated her unfamiliar surroundings, Alainn O'Brien swiftly ran to take cover behind a nearby bush.

My 56(56%):
"Forgive me, Killian, but I must touch you if I am to attempt to heal you."
"Aye, do what you must, Alainn."




-~-~-~-~-
50/50 Friday is a new weekly linkup hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

Character Most/Least Likely to Run Naked Down the Street


Most:
Jace Herondale


Least:
Chaol Westfall 



10 comments:

  1. Nice snippets - makes me want to read more. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm reading The Scandal by Fredrik Backman today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks for 50/50 Friday - I was thinking about including Jace on mine before I decided for classics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Jace from The Shadowhunters? Hum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover! I have to wonder why she is hiding!

    Mine is Anne Frank's story, since I just got back from Amsterdam. :D

    Find it here: http://bit.ly/2xFwmq9

    Thanks! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great snippets to lure one in with! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New-to-me book and author--sounds enticing.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2017/09/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not familiar with this author, but I really like the sound of the book! I will have to look for it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an interesting series; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with both choices so much. I could so see Jace running naked down the street. I don't think he'd even blink at being told to do so lol

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete