Translate

Friday, September 23, 2016

Reading Slumps

It's been a while since I made a post about a reading slump, and to my memory, the last post I made it really wasn't that much of a slump compared to what I have been dealing with.

I have barely read a thing since the start of summer back in June. Now I don't know what really caused it, but I had hoped that it would have gone away since my son started preschool this year. But I still don't feel that motivated to pick up a book, even though there are 8 unread books on my shelf. All books I very much want to read. Just whenever I pick up a book, I just don't really feel like it. I really want to get out of this slump.

I didn't notice until I feel in this 4-month slump, but reading really helped curb a lot of my anxiety. I don't really like to talk about it, for many reasons, but I actually have some pretty severe anxiety. I mostly just find ways to manage it, reading apparently was one of them.

I don't know when I will be back to "regular" review posting, I can only hope that it is soon. I miss reading and reviewing books. I may end up expanding my reviews to more than just books. I might start talking about some of the TV shows I watch. Not movies, though, as I don't watch many while they are in theaters.

Right now I am re-watching the Emma Approved webseries. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it as well as the webseries The Lizzie Bennet Dairies.

No comments:

Post a Comment