Translate

Monday, February 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Feature Musicians

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

This week... I am ill. Curse you allergy season!




Unraveling You series by Jessica Sorensen (1-4)
The two main characters are muscians. Lyric, is a singer and can pretty much play anything she picks up. Four book series, the music is a pretty big part of the story but not the whole story. It;s a way the MC's bond and grow closer of the course of a couple of a few years.







Jet (Marked Men #2) by Jay Crownover (5)
Jet is in all the books, but this book focuses on him. His musical story isn't as interesting as some other ones, but I don't read that many books about musicians, so I didn't have many options.







If I Stay by Gayle Forman (6-7)
A romance that blooms between a classical musician and a hopeful rock star. The music is once again a way for the characters to bond and grow closer, but not what the book is about.









The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski (8-10)
I love this series, and it is very interesting how music is considered something that only slaves do.
Music plays a role in how some of the characters interact with each other, and how parts of the story unfold.






I am really sorry for my mediocre list this week. My allergies are really bothering me, I can barely see. But I wanted to make a post. I hope you all have a better week than how mine started.

3 comments:

  1. The Winner's Trilogy is definitely on my to-read pile. I don't think your list is mediocre. I hadn't even though of doing a books feat. musicians. Though I would only have 2 or 3 honestly. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of how much I am looking forward to Kill the Boyband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved If I Stay! I really want to check out the Winner's Curse.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete