Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Coffee Book Tag

Don't remember where I first saw this tag or who created it, so I apologize for that.  When I see a tag that interests me, I save the questions, where I saw it and who the poster I borrow the tag from credits for creating said tag. I found this one so long ago, and at that time, I didn't have the time to do a tag post.





QUESTIONS:

1. Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.


I could never get fully invested in these books. I didn't even finish the series, I started the fifth book when I realized I just didn't care what happened to the characters. The books were retellings of myths. Not even that original.

2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.


I've seen a lot of people talk about re-reading this series around the Christmas season.

3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children's book?


I haven't read this book in years. I'd really like to find my copy so I can re-read it.

4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.


This book, for me, had way more tension than Queen of Shadows. Both equally amazing books, but everything in QoS was so well thought out and planned. Things in HoF came across as more tense and unpredictable. 

5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.


Not that I blame those people, this book sounds amazing.

6. Hipster coffee shop: Name a book by an indie author a shout-out


This series is so good and so unique. Hands down my favorite dystopian series ever.

7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.


On a whole, this series was pretty underwhelming. It has a great idea, and premise. The writing isn't terrible. It does have  a fairly interesting MC. But this final book was just. so. dull. It was all very lack-luster for me.

8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.

Not sure what kind of bitter/sweet you mean, like parts I liked and didn't like, or something else. So I'm just going to chose the book with the happy, but not quite joyous story.



Possibly the best bitter/sweet series out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment