Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

True Alpha (Vol 1-6) by Alisa Woods Novella series Review

True Alpha 1-6
     Shifters live in the shadows of Seattle, just under the skin of the alpha male, dot-com entrepreneurs who are building a new Silicon Valley in the Emerald City.
     Mia is just a college girl trying to earn her business degree and dig out of the poverty she was born into—being a shifter is something she hides, hoping her secret won’t sabotage her dreams. 
     Lucas is a broken alpha, a wolf who lost his mate, his pack, and almost himself—he wasn’t looking to rescue a girl or start a pack war. But now he has to keep her safe or it won’t just be her life, but his whole family at risk… only his inner wolf can’t seem to keep its paws off a girl who has secrets of her own.
  
Desired (True Alpha 1)
I received this book from NetGalley for review:
(I only got the first one from NetGalley the rest were graciously provided to me by the author. I am going to review the story as a whole rather than small reviews for each novella.)
Guarded (True Alpha 2)
Hunted (True Alpha 3)
Captured (True Alpha 4)
Sacrificed (True Alpha 5)
Claimed (True Alpha 6)


(Recommended for readers 18+)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This was one of the best Supernatural novella series I have ever read. Each book was wonderfully written and left me on the edge of my seat for the next installment. Though the books were short, they never felt that way, full of action and character development, not to mention some steamy romance.

Mia was a very interesting character, born of a human mother and a werewolf for a father, a father she never met, Mia is used to hiding what she is from everyone in her life. 
Lucas is a pretty intense character, and he feels he is a broken alpha, but he never shy's away from being a leader. But when Mia enters his life his Alpha side grows stronger, at first he doesn't know why. Assuming she is human makes his wolf side all the more confused as to what attracts that side to her even more. Sure he thinks she's gorgeous, but wolves don't mate with humans.
There was a lot of sexual tension between Mia and Lucas for a long time, though they do give into that desire, Lucas doesn't think he's worthy to be anyone's mate anymore after what happened to his last mate. 

The first three books mainly focus around Mia learning a little more about what it means to be a wolf, and her trying to make Lucas understand that she wants to be his mate, and him telling her she cant be for reasons he either doesn't want to explain, or wont.

The last three are the ones that were chalked full of action and some serious grown on both Mia and Lucas's part. Mia finally embracing her wolf side, and Lucas pulling his head out of his bum. 

I can go on forever about how much I liked Mia and Lucas, but one thing that many authors of these novella series tend to forget, something that I am glad to say Ms. Woods didn't forget, is giving supporting characters interesting and unique personalities and voices. Mia's best and only friend, as well as her college roommate, Jupiter(aka Jeeter) was spunky and I thought she was great. And all of Lucas's family/old pack were great, particularly Lev (Lucas's younger brother and beta).

I am so happy and grateful that I had the chance to read this series, I can't wait to read more from this author, and I would love to read more about Lucas and Mia since the mystery of who her father is really interests me.

5 comments:

  1. I saw your recommendation for 18+ and stopped reading. I don't want to get all excited for a book I wont read due to too many intimate scenes. Is it intimate stuff or blood and gore that make you say 18+?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know Marie. I am eager for a really good book since it is all rainy outside and keeping me inside. For the time I just don't feel like reading a book knowing I will have to skip parts of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew.. the cover alone would be enough for me to read this series. Dang. Nice review Marie.. I have definitely added these to my TBR pile. Not sure if you're into urban fantasy / paranormal books, but the Fae Chronicles by Amelia Hutchins reminds me of this series a lot. Check them out if you get the time! They are also 18+ due to sexytime scenes! (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
    ( http://ufbooks.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that series, Its been on my TBR for a little while now. I just haven't found it anywhere. Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete