Translate

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Opposites!

Yet another tag-thingy that I borrowed from a booktuber, this time it's from Little Book Owl

Here are the Questions:


1. The first book in your collection/The last book you bought. 
          I didn't have too many books growing up, I spent most of my time outside, and the books I did have I gave to my younger brothers, to the oldest books I have bought myself is a box set of Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien



 I don't have it yet, but I just ordered Cinder by Marissa Meyer



2. A cheap book/An expensive book 
          The Cheapest book I own is Homer's Odyssey. I got it at a thrift store for I think $3.00
The most expensive book I have is an old college book. My Latin dictionary. I think it cost me around $40.00


3. A book with a male protagonist/A book with a female protagonist. 
         Male Protag. Harry Potter. The obvious choice.



         Female protag. I'm gonna have to go with Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas




4. A book you read quickly/A book that took you long to read.
            Making Faces by Amy Harmon I read that book in less than a day. It was just so good I couldn't put it down.


The book that took me the longest to read was The Book of Deacon by Joseph R. Lallo. It wasn't that it was a bad book, infact it was a great book it's just that the pacing was really slow so I kept putting it down and only read it when I was in the mood for more leisurely reading.



5. A pretty cover/An ugly cover. 
          So many choices for pretty covers. But my favorite is Crown of Midnight bu Sarah J. Maas


    The only covers that I think are ugly are the ones from this series, and it's a series that I didn't even bother to finish. The Sookie Stackhouse series.






6. A national book/An international book.
         The closest thing I have to an international book with an international book cover is Elei's Chronicals

For my National book I chose: Until You by Penelope Douglas


This one was pretty hard. I wasn't 100% sure on what kind of answer I was supposed to give.



7. A thin book/A thick book.
        The thinnest book I own is English Grammar for Students of Latin: The Study Guide for Those Learning Latin by Norma Goldman (170 pages)


     The thickest book I own is Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (507 pages)


 (Well I guess technically Lord of the Rings is the thickest book I own but I don't want to have repeats on this list)



8. A fiction book/A non-fiction book.
          For my non-fiction book I am going with On Writing Well by William Zinsser


     For my Fiction book I could go with any book.. but I am going to switch things up and go with a contemporary book. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles.





9. A romantic book/An action book.
          On keeping with the Contemporary books. For my Romantic book I chose, The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley. Such a sweet story.




     An action book I own and have read is Storm Front by Jim Butcher

(I don't own many action filled books that don't also have some romance in them)

10. A book that made you happy/One that made you sad.
        Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken Is my answer for both. The first half of the book I was all smiles from how cute the characters were, but then the second half had me in tears. It's a great book though.


No comments:

Post a Comment