Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

How I Read Tag

Yet another tag-thingy I took from booktuber, jessethereader, this time.

(1)How do you find out about new books to read?
        It depends, mostly it's biased off of Goodreads recommendations, either straight from the site according to what genre of book I've been reading, or from Goodreads friends.

(2)How did you get into reading?
       Well, I don't really remember reading a lot as a child. I played outside a lot and watched a lot of nature programs. But I do remember reading some of the R.L Stine books, The Boxcar Children, Little House on the Prairie, The Babysitter's Club.
But the book that really brought me into reading wasn't until high school (sad I know) but it was The Hobbit, and then Harry Potter (yeah, I didn't read any of those books until high school)

(3)How has your taste in books changed as you've gotten older?
        Well, from the list of books I read when I was younger to the books I've been posting about, my reading taste has changed quite a bit, for the most part. I've always loved fantasy books, but none of the ones that were out when I was little were really the kind of fantasy that I liked.

(4)How often do you buy books?
           Not as often as I'd like to, but more often than I should. I am pretty much living on a budget, so I really shouldn't be buying books as often as I do, but there are just so many books that I want to read that sometimes I just can;t help myself. Like today, I literally walked in a snow storm to buy two books that I had reserved at Barnes and Noble.

(5) How did you get into BookTubing/blogging?
        After watching booktubers do their thing for a year, I finally decided that I wanted to join the party, but since I feel weird about the idea of talking out loud to myself, and filming it, I made a blog instead.

(6)How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?
        It varies and depends on the why I didn't like the ending. But I mostly just end up feeling disappointed, and wishing that it was better, and what I wanted.

(7)How often have you taken a sneaky look at the back page of a book to see if it's a happy ending?
        It's been known to happen, and sometimes it depends on where the book is at in the series if it's in a series.

(8)How many people are you going to tag, and who are they?
       If you have a blog or a way to do this, feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment