Translate

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


I struggled with this list. Most of the characters that I think would make a good leader, already are in their books. So I don't know if it's because of that I think they'd make a good leader or what. Either way here's my list in the order that I thought of the character. Book cover linked to my review of the book.


Paige Mahoney. She's smart, and knows how to handle a situation in crisis. She doesn't panic, she doesn't wait for someone else to figure it out. I'm still reading Mime Order, not even halfway through it, so I don't know if she ever becomes the leader she already seems to be. But I can see her being a great leader.

Laia, she has compassion for others, and a fierce will to survive. It's been a while since I've read this book, but I remember that both that compassion and her will to survive and to help others made her a fantastic character.

Arin. He is smart, and has patience. He is also not ruthless. That is something that is often given to male characters, or really any character when the author wants to show how "strong" they are. Arin and his people have been slaves for a long time, and he harbors hatred towards the people that did it. But he doesn't take that out on civilians, he gives it to the actual people that enslaved them, the military.

Simon Lewis. He kind of got ignored a little early in the series, and I still think he's a somewhat under valued character. He was the sidekick but once he stopped being just the sidekick, we get to see how good he actually is at strategy and how he's more than just a nerd. 

Nikolai, he just has those natural leader qualities. As a privateer, and as a King, he was born to lead.

Tessa Gray. She is just an all-around great character. She cares deeply for everybody, she even cared about her brother after he betrayed her. She didn't wish him any harm, she was just hurt and sad.

It's really hard to pick between Day and June. They are actually really similar characters, but when I read the series I never had a hard time telling them apart. But they are both smart, and very capable characters. 

There are a lot of characters in this book that would be great leaders, but I have to give it to Karou. She has been through to much, and the things she has to do to succeed in this final book is amazing. I really need to re-read this series. 

Jax is an interesting character. In this first book, she may not seem like a person that can lead, she's a little broken, a little lost, but she pulls through by the end of the book and her leadership skills start to surface.

Again, another book full of characters that would be great leaders, but, I have to go with Cinder. She defeated a tyrant, and restored the honor of her people in doing so. She also saved the Earth and possibly even gained the respect from her Step-mother. Maybe not forgiveness, but respect.

5 comments:

  1. Tessa Gray sounds like a very caring character! She would be a great leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with this topic, too. All my favorite characters are already leaders, or they’re bad guys who should never become leaders. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige definitely becomes the leader she shows the potential to be!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/top-ten-tuesday-132/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I had to twist the topic as I was stumped on this! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, YES, YES. I completely agree. Arin, Cinder, and June / Day would all be absolutely amazing leaders. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete