Translate

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Throwback Freebie: My Favorite Books Since I Started Blogging

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


I've had this blog since 2010, but I didn't start book blogging until around 2013. I'm going to try to list them in order of when I read it. Also, looking back at my early reviews, I read a LOT of shit books because they were free, or 0.99.



Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
     For some reason, I didn't write a review of this book. I need to re-read it.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
     I love this series, and this opening book was fantastic. I am a little behind on the series, I haven't purchased, or read, book 5 yet.
Review

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
     This was a series that I was reluctant to read at first because I thought it was a companion series that wasn't going to focus on a clear plot across the whole series, which is fine in contemporary, but in a fantasy I want them to be connected. But I am so, so glad I read it. I love this series, and Cinder is in my top 5 favorite characters ever.
Review

Rex Rising by Chrystalla Thoma
     This series was a surprise. So good, so unique. I mention this series every chance I get because I want more people to read it. I'm only sharing book one here 'cause I didn't read them back to back
Review

Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
    By far one of the more unique fantasy's I have read. I love that it was a take on Russian folklore. Not many books focus too much on eastern European tales.
Review

Vain by Fisher Amelie
     My first contemporary book on the list. Okay, this book might seem like one that isn't very good. Might seem a little cookie cutter. But it is not. This book is a great coming of age story, it made me cry. I love this book. I am still waiting for book four, it's been literal years. I needs it.
Review

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
      It's been a while since I've read this, but I still remember how good it is. And really, one of the greatest things about this book is how young the author is, and how well written it is. It's written as if she's a seasoned author but was maybe 22 when this was published. The world building is rich and actually thought out.
Review

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
     My first Sanderson book, don't know why it took me so long to read his book. This series is amazing. I still need to read the final book in the series. I think I'm waiting to just buy the box set and marathon them.
Review

The Shadow Revolution by Clay and Susan Griffith
     Steampunk, Victorian era, wizards, gunslingers, werewolves, strong independent women. This book series is awesome.
Review

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
     It was tough choosing the tenth book for this list. I had to go with this one. A retelling of a Russian fairy tale. Beautiful writing, I had a hard time figuring out how to pronounce people's names, but it never took away from the writing or anything.
Review

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I really enjoyed reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Bone Season this year. I wasn't overly keen on the first Bone Season but I loved the second two and can't wait for the fourth one!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/top-ten-tuesday-124/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I haven't actually read Dreams of Gods and Monsters although I loved the first two books - I just don't want it to end! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete