Translate

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Annual End Of Year Survey – 2015 edition


Brought to you by The Perpetual Page-turner

Number Of Books You Read: as of 12/23/15, 194
Number of Re-Reads: Maybe one
Genre You Read The Most: Ya Fantasy


1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The only book I kept recommending to people this year was
But I have no idea if they read it or not.

 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
 There is one series that I started and finished this year that deserves this category.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I read about half of a AU/Historical Fiction War book this year. It was a really interesting concept and pretty well written. But the book was so long that I just slowly lost interest in reading it. But I still stand by it being a great book, just not exactly for me.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unput-downable book of the year?
Winner's Curse  and Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski get an even tie. I read both books in less than a week.
Then I fell in a three-month long book slump

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
UGH, I don't know... so many pretty covers to choose from.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 
Or really anything written by him.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
"There was dishonor, she decided, in accepting someone else's idea of honor with out question"- Winner's Crime

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Aside from my forever OTP of me and Ice Cream :p

Ayden and Lyric from Unraveling You series by Jessica Sorensen

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Best friend characters are my favorite and really annoyingly rare

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure
Most of the books I read are recommended to me by others.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Tamlin 

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I am a stickler for good world building.
But this year the book with the best worldbuilding was An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
It was a novella, and just the cutest story I read all year. 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
These books are going to show up on this a lot if questions like this keep getting asked.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
(see, this is the third time this book has shown up)

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I really hope this is going to be a series, it was so good.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I hated this book, and I can't even talk or think about this book with out getting rage filled.


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I've discovered a number of blogs this year, and I can't honestly say which is my favorite.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Hmm... Im not really that sure. I guess I like my reviews equally. 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
N/A 

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
 I love Top Ten Tuesday, its a lot of fun and I often find some pretty interesting books that way too. 
And I've participated in a number of really fun Book Tours.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
It might be a silly answer, but I finally got around to organizing my posts and stuff better. It's a small step in the organization of my blog. And I always get a small thrill when the author of the book I've read comments on my blog.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Remembering to post my blog posts to my blog facebook page.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of them really. I'd like people to comment and discuss on review's I post.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Does it count if I say I kind of re-discovered the library, and that I can borrow eBooks from them?

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
As of right now, no I did not complete my reading challenge this year. First time since I started doing the Goodreads reading challenge. And I actually am proud of myself for not completing it. It fulfills my other reading challenge of only reading books I actually want to read and not reading a bunch of crap to fill in book numbers.


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
I've purchased a few books in the past couple months that I haven't read yet, that I probably should, but my number one priority is a book I haven't bought for myself yet, Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes 

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
It's a toss up between:
(I can't choose just one)

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Get more book shelves.

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I got to read a sample of Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
And, from what I read this is a book to out on your Wish List.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to check out The Raven Boys series so I'm glad to see it on your list! Happy reading in the next year. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete