Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

Tag was created by The Book Archer And I saw this tag on Lainey at GingerReadsLainey Channel.

The QUESTIONS:

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan.
      Don't hate me, I just didn't like them very much. They were okay, but not nearly as good as many people think they are. For start, they aren't that original they're just existing myths retold with different characters. Example, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, is The Odyssey.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
     The only one I can think of is the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick.
I mean, I get why people don't really like them. I have more of a love-hate relationship with that series.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 
    I do not like Chaol and Cealena together.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
     Horror. I get bored. Same goes for 99% of horror movies.
Probably has something to do with me seeing a lot of horror movies I probably shouldn't have before I was 10.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
     Tris, from the Divergent trilogy By Veronica Roth.
She is just so intensely unlikable. I realized this about half way through Insurgent.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
     John Green.
I just have absolutely no desire to read any of his books. The plots aren't that interesting to me, and so many people seem to treat him like he's the messiah of contemporary YA fiction.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
     The bad boy who suddenly, seemingly, out of nowhere changes his ways for the innocent virgin girl. It's a tired trope, and unrealistic.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
     Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Not a big fan of historical fiction, and I am pretty damn choosy about Time Travel in books.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
     Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.
For me, the books are just really wordy and I get lost in the overly descriptive words. The books are for a particular type of reader. I've read The Hobbit and I love that book, I just don't really understand why he decided to change how he writes for LotR.

It's been a slow reading week for me. Being sick sucks. If you like this tag, feel free to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment