Translate

Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3) by Samantha Shannon || Friday 50/50: Ugly Cover With the Best Story/Gorgeous Cover With the Worst Story

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.





Synopsis:
   The hotly anticipated third book in the bestselling Bone Season series – a ground-breaking, dystopian fantasy of extraordinary imagination
   Following a bloody battle against foes on every side, Paige Mahoney has risen to the dangerous position of Underqueen, ruling over London's criminal population. 
   But, having turned her back on Jaxon Hall and with vengeful enemies still at large, the task of stabilising the fractured underworld has never seemed so challenging. 
   Little does Paige know that her reign may be cut short by the introduction of Senshield, a deadly technology that spells doom for the clairvoyant community and the world as they know it…



Book Beginning:
November 2, 2059
The light scalded my borrowed eyes. I was still inside a different body, standing on the same floor, but everything had changed.

Friday 56:
"Right. My idiot supervisor has some role in the installation of large scanners. Today he got news that the core needs maintenance for the first time in a year. I wasn't chosen to work on it," she said, answering that had jumped onto my tongue, "but I overheard him talking to the group that's been selected. I know where it is."



*   *   *   *   *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Ugly Cover, Good Book


Pretty cover, Bad Book

7 comments:

  1. I laughed aobut your "pretty cover, bad book". One can never tell froma cover, can tehy? My Friday Quotes and review of SPEAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read the first book in the Bone Season series, but it is on my TBR pile. The opening of The Song Rising is a definite draw! I would keep reading. I have been wanting to read The Queen of the Tearling, and am sorry to hear you didn't care for it. That cover is really gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing snippets, especially the beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say that I've read either of these but I will say that The Queen of the Tearling is a pretty novel, I hate when pretty covers don't have pretty insides.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you'll enjoy your read. Is this the last one in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it looks like she has three more planned. She just took a year off to write a different book about Dragons.
      "The Priory of the Orange Tree"

      Delete