Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And has recently moved to That Artsy Reader Girl's site. 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

I'm going by series, rather than individual books, as sometimes I only enjoy some books, or just one book, in a series. Unless only one book in the series is out, or I've only read one book. This list is in no particular order.


Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer -  I held off on reading this series, mainly Cinder because I thought they were companion books and not a "true" series. Boy am I glad that I picked it up.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - For me, when I first heard about this series it was an unknown author and a little obscure. But I love those kinds of book. There was hype, it was just minimal compared to other books that get hyped.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I've only read the first book in the series so far. I've just been lazy about reading more.

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - While I felt the ending to the series was a little lackluster, I really did enjoy and love reading it. The characters make this series for me.

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - I love a good standalone. Holly Black's writing is just fantastic.

The Reckoners Series by Brandon Sanderson - While I have yet to read the third book, being a slacker again, it's more of the author who lived up to the hype. This series was the first books I read by him. And oh boy, I need to read more of his work.

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - I was already captivated by the cover for this series starter, but the things I heard about the series before reading it barely covered how good it is.

5 comments:

  1. I've got The Reckoners series on my ereader and haven't tried the author before. I hope I enjoy it as I don't read a lot of fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lunar Chronicles made my list as well. I didn't read them until the entire series was out and then I binge read them. That series is totally worth the hype! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read the Lunar books, but do hear amazing things about the series! Here's hoping I someday read and like them (plus I do love a good fairytale re-telling). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone sitting on my TBR shelf right now. I really should read it, but hype makes me nervous.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, The Darkest Part of the Forest was stunning. Holly Black is amazing. :)

    Check out my TTT and please vote in my Make Me Read It Readathon poll

    ReplyDelete