Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Review: Fallen Crest Home by Tijan

Title: Fallen Crest Home
Author: Tijan
Series: Fallen Crest High #6
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: April 16th, 2017
Edition: Kindle Edition, 300 pages
Source: Library
Purchase/Pre-Order: Amazon US | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | BAM


Synopsis:
It's been years since my mother was in my life.
I healed.
I learned to accept love.
I lived.
That's all done. She was away, and now she's back.
I avoided her for a year and a half, but I couldn't hide anymore.
Mason had an internship in Fallen Crest, so we headed back for the summer.
And when we got there--no one was prepared for what happened.

Review:

This book gave me exactly what I've come to expect from this series. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all. This is one of my favorite contemporary romance series' out there. It's a little trashy, and the situations these characters have gotten into throughout the series are just so over the top and insane that it's just so far from the realm of reality for me that I often find things a little silly.

Sam and Mason have been through some pretty insane stuff since the start of the series, they clearly care deeply for each other, but it's started to seem like a really dependent and borderline toxic relationship. The way they got together and all that they've been through, so far, they have used it as a reason to stay together, but it should really be used as a reason to not be together.

I'm getting ahead of myself, there's still one book left in the series, I'm on the waiting list at my library for it.

I struggle to root for anybody in this book; because everybody is an asshole. Granted our main characters are the way they are because of abusive and neglectful parents, and I can relate to the anger they must feel to a degree, but being dicks to just about everybody else doesn't excuse them. Since they are 1%-ers I wonder if they behave this way because they feel entitled to? I was middle class, at best, growing up so I don't really know how "The other side" lives or thinks, making this all speculation.

I do look forward to the ending of the series, these characters are in their early-mid 20's at this point, but they still pull shit that teenagers would when it comes to handling things. I hope they all grow up in the next book.

*Side note: I realized afterward, that this is the first review I have written on my blog in a couple months. 
 reading slumps.... amirite?

No comments:

Post a Comment