Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling || Friday 50/50: Best/Worst Book Read in June

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

I'm finally getting back to my re-read of this series. I think this makes the... third time I've read this book.

Synopsis:
   Harry Potter's third year at Hogwarts is full of new dangers. A convicted murderer, Sirius Black, has broken out of Azkaban prison, and it seems he's after Harry. Now Hogwarts is being patrolled by the dementors, the Azkaban guards who are hunting Sirius. But Harry can't imagine that Sirius—or, for that matter, the evil Lord Voldemort—could be more frightening than the dementors themselves, who have the terrible power to fill anyone they come across with aching loneliness and despair.
   Meanwhile, life continues as usual at Hogwarts. A top-of-the-line broom takes Harry's success at Quidditch, the sport of the Wizarding world, to new heights. A cute fourth-year student catches his eye. And he becomes close with the new Defense of the Dark Arts teacher, who was a childhood friend of his father.
   Yet despite the relative safety of life at Hogwarts and the best efforts of the dementors, the threat of Sirius Black grows ever closer. But if Harry has learned anything from his education in wizardry, it is that things are often not what they seem.


Book Beginning:
   Harry Potter was a slightly unusual boy in many ways. For one thing, he hated summer holidays more than any other time of year.



My 56:
   Mr.Weasley, who worked at the Ministry of Magic, would of course have heard the whole story of what had happened to Aunt Marge.









*   *   *   *   *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I didn't have a great reading month in June. Both books are 3-star reviews on Goodreads (as I don't rate books on my blog) but one was a higher 3-start book.

Favorite


Not So Much

12 comments:

  1. I haven't thought about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in a while. I need to reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the Harry Potter books, but I have seen three of the movies. Now I'm wondering if I should give the books another go. I do admire J. K. Rowling.

    Here's mine: “ALL WE EVER WANTED”

    ReplyDelete
  3. The third HP book is my favorite! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have to read HP again! Love it!

    Here is my Book Beginning and Friday56 feature!

    Have a great weekend! Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Third time reading them. I still haven't read all of them the first time. I think I got lazy and watched the movies. LOL Still plan to finsih the series as I have all of the books and there is so much more to learn in reading them.

    My Friday 56 from Dying For A Taste

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been years since I read the Harry Potter series. You make me want to schedule it for a re-read. This week I am spotlighting Shelved Under Murder by Victoria Gilbert. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should read these again! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE Harry Potter! I've been rereading the series recently, too.

    Hallie @ Book by Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Harry Potter series. In fact, I am due for a reread! My quotes from The Virgin Suicides

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have such a great reading month. It's tough when all the books you read are just meh. I had the same kind of deal (no five stars and a one star which rarely happens for me) so maybe we should all just scrap June and forget it ever happened :) Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete