Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley || Friday 50/50: Favorite Book with a Short/Long Title

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
Fifteen-year-old Aki Hunter knows she’s bisexual, but up until now she's only dated guys—and her best friend, Lori, is the only person she’s out to. When she and Lori set off on a four-week youth-group mission trip in a small Mexican town, it never crosses Aki's mind that there might be anyone in the group she’d be interested in dating. But that all goes out the window when Aki meets Christa.




Book Beginning:
The stars above me danced in the cool, Mexico sky. So I started dancing too.

My 56:
The nerves fluttered back into my stomach as I started walking. Up ahead, I saw a coffee shop and a drugstore. Suddenly all I wanted was to buy a magazine and sit down with a smoothie until it was time to meet up with everyone for dinner.









*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

Long Title
(I'm still reading the second book, so I don't know how much I like it yet.)

Short Title

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cute romance story. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say the same, sounds like love is on the cards!! Lovely cover!

    Here's mine for today! http://bit.ly/2Mu0I6g

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hope you get lots of reading in, Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACOTAR! Yes!!!!! That's a great choice! I love that whole freaking series so much!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book choice this week sounds interesting! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really sweet! Adding to my TBR! I'm also featuring an LGBT this Friday56: https://myendlessshelf.weebly.com/home/the-friday-56-noah-cant-even-by-simon-james-green

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice romance. I haven't heard of the book before. This week I have Girl With a Gun by Kari Bovee - a historical mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had forgotten all about Cinder. I've never read a book about a Bisexual person. Now, when she looks for a date, will she look at both genders? Don't worry about answering the question. I'm just speaking my thoughts out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so close to featuring one of TLC books for 50/50 Friday myself. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete