Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite Genre

I've been in a bit of a reading slump these past few months. I've been tired, and just haven't had the time I'd like to read. And now that the little boy is out of school for the summer, any "free time" I once had is now gone. I don't know when I'll be getting back to "regular" posting. Hopefully, this reading slump will go away soon.

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

Favorite:
  If you have been following this blog for any amount of time, you'll notice that it's Fantasy. I read that genre a lot. I am a sucker for books that have good worldbuilding and interesting characters.


Least Favorite: 
   While I do read them from time to time, I actually don't really like books that are completely Romance based. I especially don't like erotica. They often have underdeveloped characters, the plot is bland, and the "romance" always develops in a way that is far too unrealistic. But I read the genre when I need a "palate cleanser" of sorts. 

3 comments:

  1. Erotica..... yuck. I'm with you, it's never been my thing. Fantasy is fantastic! Great tastes!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to like romance when it has substance, and developed characters, but erotica is definitely not for me. I've only skimmed a couple, but I just don't think they're for me. I will read romance novels as a cleanser though! I just read two Christina Lauren books this week actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy yes!! Literally my all-time favorite genre. I also don't really like many things that are romance based. I don't mind it as much as horror (my pick for least favorite) but I definitely don't read that many romances. I just like there to be other things happening! Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete