Translate

Monday, May 28, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And has recently moved to That Artsy Reader Girl's site. 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

There's a 90% Chance of me dying in most bookish worlds.

No Thanks
Panem, The Hunger Games -  Let's be real, that's one of the worst out there. Granted it's also, in my opinion, not very well developed in some aspects. I can't visualize the world because the books don't have a map. I really need to see an official map of that world.

The Republic/Colonies of America, Legend trilogy - Another dystopian world, this book series has a map, and that helps me visualize the world better. While nobody is shipping their kids off to murder each other, this world could almost be considered worse than Panem. Half the American content is flooded. Even fewer people have any kind of wealth. And the rest of the planet isn't doing great either. Another thing that helps me visualize the world, this was the first dystopian series that talks and involves the rest of the world. It's less centralized to the US.

Westeros, A Game of Thrones - I have yet to read this series, but I watch the show. And who wants to live in a war-ridden world with threats from all sides? Women were little more than property, magic, assassins, Magic assassins, Dragons, Ice Zombies, lots of people who like murder. No thanks.

Adarlan, Throne of Glass - Another war-torn country. And I have zero fighting/survival skills. 

Newcago, Steelheart - Too many things in that world that could, and probably will, kill me. I can't even hope for powers, well I guess I could, but I don't want to be a villain.

Sure, Why Not
Middle Earth /Hobbiton, Tolkien's work - I'd only really want to live in Hobbiton, everywhere else sounds not very fun to live. There's still a high chance of me dying though.

Scion; London, The Bone Season -  I haven't read the third book (Song Rising) yet, but so far not much is talked about how the rest of the world is handling the Clairvoyant situation. And while people aren't really in fantastic conditions, I am hoping that being in this world means that I get to be a clairvoyant as well. I'm not picky about which kind.

New Bejing/Lunar, Lunar Chronicles -  Post Levana's rule, I want to live in this world after Cinder and Kai fix things.

Ravka, Grisha - Post the Darkling. I think it might be an okay place to live without him around. It sounds like a beautiful place.

Hogsmeade, Harry Potter - There aren't many Wizard villages mentioned in the series. So it doesn't have to be specifically Hogsmeade, it's just the only place that I can think of that was mentioned that was a 100% Wizard village. I think Godric's Hollow is a half&Half place.

6 comments:

  1. Yes no to Panem and Westeros please. I'd rather not die thank you. You raise a good point with Legend as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogsmeade would be so amazing to visit! :-) You've picked some great and equally awful places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panem was on my list as well this week. What a brutal place to live.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anywhere where the Darkling is! Why do I love him so much?????
    And if Middle earth is World of Warcraft then I want to live in WOW! haha

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I would not be happy in Adarlan or anywhere else in the Throne of Glass world!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/top-ten-tuesday-161/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list - I agree with so many of these! I would love to live anywhere in the Harry Potter world, as I can just imagine how magical it would all be. However, Panem and Adarlan are two bookish worlds I would also never want to live in, as I am pretty sure I would never survive in either of these worlds!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete