Translate

Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas || Friday 50/50: Best/Worst Read in April

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
   Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.
   Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world torn apart.



Book Beginning:
Maybe I'd always been broken and dark inside.
Maybe someone who'd been born whole and good would have put down the ash dagger and embraced death rather that what lay before me.

My 56:
I contemplated refusing to ask as I had done last night, but... "How does it work -- this bond that allows you to see into my head?"






*     *     *     *     *


50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.



Best/Worst Read in April

Best

Worst

6 comments:

  1. This one is better than the first, in my opinion. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this series around the place. I will have to check it out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to read the ACOTR series, I loved your post!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/book-beginnings-friday-565050-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved both A Court of Mist and Fury and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, they're great reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy is such a good book! I loved it when I read it too.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to continue the Mortal Instruments series for a while now. I wasn't too impressed with the first set of books but I'm hoping the companion series' will be better and I'm glad to hear that you thought Tales was good! Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete