Translate

Monday, April 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed but Will, Probably, Never Re-Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And has recently moved to That Artsy Reader Girl's site. 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.



So, my lack of Top Ten Tuesday these past two weeks was being sick, then recovering from being sick. Not a fun two weeks. I just didn't really have the brain power to make lists. I'm recovered now, so here I am.


1) Elei's Chronicles by Chrystalla Thoma - I will sing praises for this series until everybody I know reads it. But, there are so many new books coming out, and other unread books that I own that I want to read before going back to re-read this series. 

2) Freeks by Amanda Hocking -  I really did like this book, but same reason as above. So many unread books, and others that are coming out that I want to read more.

3) Pretty in Black Series by Rae Hachton - With this one, I have been waiting seven years for the fourth book to come out, and I kind of lost interest in it. So by the time it does come out, I will have had to re-read the other three books. And I just don't wanna. 

4) God's Play by H.D. Lynn - There's actually about a 10% chance that I'll re-read this one. It's a standalone, and it's been a while since I've read it (three years) so I might re-read it someday.

5) Witch Avenue Series by Karice Bolton - Again, this one has a small chance of being re-read someday, but I don't know if I want to because I really enjoyed it the first time around and I know my reading tastes have changed and I don't want to lose a series that I enjoyed by re-reading it and possibly hating it the second time.

6) Demonblood Series by Penelope King - With this one, it's much like the Pretty in Black series in that there's a fourth book that has been "in the works" for more than 2 years, and I would have to re-read the other books to read the fourth book. And I don't want to.

7) Hopeless/Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover - As they are basically the same book but told from different perspectives, I'm counting them as one book. I just don't want to be that depressed after reading a book again. I know a lot of people in hindsight hate Dean as a character, but I think they are forgetting who the real villain is in the book. And what Dean went through.

8) The Reed Brothers Series by Tammy Falkner - I actually haven't finished this series yet, there are so many books. And that is too many books to re-read.

9) Marked Men Series by Jay Crownover - I gave each book a pretty high rating, but they aren't interesting enough for me to want to re-read. I really enjoyed them for what they are. A little smutty, not a whole lot of depth to the characters. But entertaining all the same. 

10) The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski - I think this is another one of those books that if I re-read it, I would hate it. Because when I read the second book, not long after reading the first, I hated it. I might have just been in a different head space to hate the second book and not the first, not really sure. Either way, best not poke the bear on re-reading a book I initially loved only to hate it just as much as I hated the sequel. I like having good book memories.

7 comments:

  1. I liked Freeks but probably wouldn't reread it too :) Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Hopeless/Losing Hope but yes, they are both intense reads. I don't know if I could reread them. Great list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand having a hard time getting back into a series after there has been a long delay between books. I've given up on a series for that reason. I just didn't have time to go back and re-read the previous books. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think rereading books in a series is hard because one knows already what comes next. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books yet. I can understand how hard it is to get back to a series. probably that's why I don't prefer series much.

    I can't re-read books. Whenever I think of re-reading anything, my horrible TBR comes to my mind :D So I twisted my today's topic.
    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/04/fifteen-stories-i-want-to-revisit-aka-books-i-am-yet-to-read-but-loved-the-movie-adaptations/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I've ever read any of these. I hope you liked them the first time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've honestly never heard of any of these books, but it's a good list of books for me to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete