Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton || Friday 50/50: First/Last Book Read in 2017

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

I was going to share the book I'm actually reading from NetGalley right now, LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff, but it's an uncorrected proof eARC and it had one of those little disclaimers at the start that was all "Don't share quotes of this book until it's been corrected." So I'm sharing the next NetGalley book on my TBR.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Synopsis:
How do you stop a murder that’s already happened?
At a gala party thrown by her parents, Evelyn Hardcastle will be killed--again. She's been murdered hundreds of times, and each day, Aiden Bishop is too late to save her. Doomed to repeat the same day over and over, Aiden's only escape is to solve Evelyn Hardcastle's murder and conquer the shadows of an enemy he struggles to even comprehend--but nothing and no one are quite what they seem.



Book Beginning:
I forget everything between footsteps.
"Anna!" I finish shouting, snapping my mouth shut in surprise.
My mind goes blank. I don't know who Anna is or why I am calling her name.

My 56:
I'm transported back to that evening, when Evelyn and Bell stalked into the dank graveyard, revolver in hand, finding only shadows and a shattered compass covered in blood.











*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     


50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


First/Last Book Read in 2017

First


Last



12 comments:

  1. I have this one to read! Hope you enjoy!

    Here is my Friday56 and Book Beginning... http://bit.ly/Glimpse1

    Yep, it's Glimpse!

    Have a great weekend - enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around but I don't think I ever realized what it was really about. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious, but more so by reading the title... not one death but 7 and a half.... LOL. I'm intrigued! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a great opening few lines. Who is Anna? Do you figure it out right away or not? My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy this one. I don't think it is for me. I have burned a couple of times with books that repeat the same day over and over. This week I have Better Off Read by Nora Page. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have still never read Frost Blood! It's still on my shelf just begging me to read it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turton's novel sounds quite intriguing! I love the premise.

    Did you enjoy Daughters of the Storm? I have a copy on my TBR pile to read still.

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy Daughters of the Storm. It was kind of boring. And there were some formatting choices I didn't like. There were multiple POV in each chapter, they were all first person and they weren't labeled very well when the POV changed. And I didn't really like any of the characters.

      Delete
  8. The title alone would grab your attention. I'm really curious after reading the excerpt.

    My Friday 56 from Shadowfall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of funny how the first and last books of the year's covers look so similar! They're both so gorgeous :) Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a ARC of this too and I can't wait to start!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete