Translate

Friday, March 23, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: From the Earth to the Shadows (Valkyrie #2) by Amanda Hocking || Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite Classic Novel

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
While dealing with dark revelations about her life and her world, Malin finds herself with new allies--and new enemies. Her quest for the truth leads her to places she never thought possible, and she's never been one to shy away from a fight. But for all her strength and determination, will it be enough to save the world before it's too late?







Book Beginning:
The air that fogged around me was thick enough that I could taste it - earthy and wet, with a trace of salt.

My 56:
Together, Oona and I pushed the dresser to the side of the bedroom, so we had better access to the touchscreen mirror. There were six glowing green squares after the flashing spacer, and right below that was a keypad of 0-9.







*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I haven't read many Classic novels on my own. Not against it, just none have really caught my interest. 

Favorite


Not So Much
Don't hate me.

12 comments:

  1. I really should give Amanda Hocking a try. This sounds like an interesting story. I'm featuring Falling Star by Terri Osburn - a romance from my review stack - this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that beginning! Very descriptive. Enjoy your weekend :)
    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Amanda Hocking, but this book sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a good classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great opening line. Jane Eyre and Animal Farm, yes. Phantom of the Opera, disappointing. I would love for you and your readers to check out mine! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews32318

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had several Amanda Hocking books in my library but never read them. I love Huck Finn AND Charlotte's Web. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so intrigued!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of From the Earth to the Shadows. And the teaser you shared has me wanting to read it too. Huckleberry Finn is a great book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is a great classic!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had all that much luck with Amanda Hocking, but I feel like I should give her another try. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo Charlotte's Web!! I don't think I've ever actually read the book but it's definitely on my list. I remember absolutely loving the movie when I was little (even though I was terrified of spiders). Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete