Translate

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Ice Kingdom (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai #3) by Tiana Warner || Friday 50/50 Favorite/Least Favorite Family in a Book

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
     Meela and Lysi have unleashed Sisiutl, legendary two-headed serpent of the Pacific Northwest. It was supposed to be an ally that would help them win the war. Instead, it has fallen under the control of King Adaro, ruler of the Pacific Ocean. If Meela and Lysi can’t stop him, Adaro will use the deadly serpent to rid the oceans of mankind. 
     With the American military using catastrophic weapons of their own to retaliate, Meela and Lysi must make peace between humans and merpeople before one race destroys the other. The journey will risk their lives and put their relationship to the test—but the vengeance that has been consuming Meela’s thoughts, day and night, might prove even more dangerous.





Book Beginning:
Meela
Three days as a mermaid and all I'd manage to learn was how to not die.

My 56:
Meela
I pointed southwards, then back to Spio, trying to make sense of this. Though I'd never met him, I felt a wave of relief on Lysi's behalf that he was alive and unharmed.







*     *     *     *     *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Favorite
The Weasley's of course. I wish they were real so they could adopt me.

Least
Hm, I honestly don't know. There are plenty of families in books where I hate most of the people in the family. But it's never the entire family. Even if I go with more from Harry Potter It's just Vernon and his sister who are really terrible, with the Malfoy's it's mostly just Lucius, with the Blacks; Sirius and his brother are still good people at their core.

10 comments:

  1. I really like the beginning. Also, I haven't read anything involving mermaids in a while, and this book sounds unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie!

    That's one exciting beginning! I'm hooked. I love mermaids!

    My post is here: http://bit.ly/2o5Q4b9 and I'm talking about 'The Magus' A fantasy romance, with rave reviews. I'm very excited to discover these authors! ;)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That front line definitely caught my attention! I don't think I've ever read a book with a mermaid before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great story. I love the beginning. The week I am featuring Little Girl Gone by Gerry Schmitt from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good mermaid story! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marie!

    I think the first line is pretty cool! I also like the names of the characters, they are quite unusual.

    My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. Not sure about this one. But I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beginning made me laugh a bit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yes the Weasely's are goals! I agree that in 'bad' families, it's usually just one odd duck that introduces the bad traits so it's really hard to label a whole family as 'bad'. Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete