Translate

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Epoch of Redress (Nemecene #1) by Kaz Lefave || Friday 50/50: Best/Worst Book Read in 2017

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



Synopsis:
In a toxic future flooded by dead oceans and poisonous gases, twin siblings Keeto and Elize become the target of an otherworldly predator in their quest to save Elize from their mother’s fate.
Not even Earth’s world government, the Unification, can protect them. In fact, its own secret desire to be the first to locate the twins summons still others to the hunt — others whose true intentions remain hidden.
Will Keeto and Elize find the answers that they seek in time? Or will their questioning lead them down a dangerous path where treachery, lies, and deceit reside? This is the epoch of Nemecene, where the real answers are waiting for you to discover them...before they discover you.
Are you prepared?





Book Beginning:
Day 1: late evening
The hour is late and Nathruyu's pace as slowed, carving silent impressions in the earth while she glides over ash and stone, with the cool air tempering her gait and the warm moisture from her lips betraying her presence as she moves.

My 56:
"Sorry about that, lass. It's a bit of a jumper the first time. Hey...lo? Zafarian."






50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


This was tough, I happened across a number of books that were headache-inducingly bad.

Best


Worse

7 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about The Bear and the Nightingale - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds intense...and too frightening for me, although I read thrillers...so does that make sense? lol

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEST DAY EVER”

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't sound like something I would normally pick up, but the snippets intrigued me. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cover and interesting blurb. I'll be eager to hear what you think about it. I just bought The Bear and the Nightingale recently when it was a Kindle deal. I don't know when I'll get a chance to read it though. This week I have A Merciful Secret by Kendra Elliot - one from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've seen this book - what an interesting setting. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bear and the Nightingale is one I've been debating if I should read or not. I've decided I need to pick it up ASAP if it's your top book of the year!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to read The Bear and the Nightingale! It's one of those books that everyone raves about and that I always say I'll 'be sure to read it soon' but then I never actually get around to it. I'm hoping that 2018 will be the year to remedy some of that :) Thanks for linking up, Marie!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete