Translate

Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Daughters of the Storm (Blood and Gold #1) by Kim Wilkins || Friday 50/50: Best/Worst Christmas Themed Book

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Synopsis:
     Five very different sisters team up against their stepbrother to save their kingdom in this Norse-flavored fantasy epic--the start of a new series in the tradition of Naomi Novik, Peter V. Brett, and Robin Hobb.
FIVE ROYAL SISTERS. ONE CROWN.
     They are the daughters of a king. Though they share the same royal blood, they could not be more different. Bluebell is a proud warrior, stronger than any man and with an ironclad heart to match. Rose's heart is all too passionate: She is the queen of a neighboring kingdom, who is risking everything for a forbidden love. The twins: vain Ivy, who lives for admiration, and zealous Willow, who lives for the gods. And Ash, who is discovering a dangerous talent for magic that might be a gift--or a curse.
     But when their father is stricken by a mysterious ailment, they must come together on a desperate journey to save him and prevent their treacherous stepbrother from seizing the throne. Their mission: find the powerful witch who can cure the king. But to succeed on their quest, they must overcome their differences, and hope that the secrets they hide from one another and the world are never brought to light. Because if this royal family breaks, it could destroy the kingdom.




Book Beginning:
Prologue
A thousand times he had murmured her name in the soft darkness; now, though, he didn't know her name. He didn't even know his own.

My 56:
Eirik the randerman fed him and left him alone in one of the sone-and-earth huts. The wind howled over the turf roof, but the hut was warm and smoky from a low fire.






***
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I don't really read "themed" books, So I honestly can't think of any at all.


5 comments:

  1. How could he murmur her name in the darkness if he didn't know it? Hmm..Intriguing. My Friday Quotes Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kind of in the same boat as I am, Marie! I went scrolling through my read shelf on Goodreads and I couldn't believe that I haven't really read that many season-specific books! I honestly thought I'd have at least ten in there but apparently not. That's definitely something to be remedied. Thanks for linking up!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wicked good to me. :-)
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on that book!

    I don't really read themed books either - I ended up going with Christmas movies this time instead.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was hard for me to find any also. I only had the two that I showed. I couldn't think of any other ones... Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete