Translate

Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Season of Wind (The Clockwork God Chronicles, #2) by Aimee Hyndman || Friday 50/50: Author You'd Most/Least Like to Meet

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



Synopsis:
     After her stint saving humanity with the God of Mischief, Janet Redstone now has a host of other problems on her mind, namely saving her friend Sylvia while avoiding the fast approaching godly war. Now travelling the desert realm of Kabila with her two surviving teammates, she just wants to kill as many wendigos as possible to get Sylvia's soul back.
     But then strange things start happening. Janet begins healing faster than normal. She dreams of Itazura imprisoned in a dark room, even though he's a god and that's impossible. Oh, and when she touches locks, they just open. That's a midlly concerning development.
     Turns out Itazura really is in danger. Captive of the Elder Gods, he's sent the majority of his powers to Janet for safe keeping. Said powers exhaust her every time she uses them and make her a target for all sorts of new enemies if she doesn't get rid of them soon. Now she must team up with a god she loves, a god she hates and a god she fears to save him, and avoid getting smote by the Elder Gods in the process. 




Book Beginning:
Sand and prosthetic's don't mix, I had learned that lesson thoroughly after spending three weeks in the deserts of Kabila

56%:
"It's as good as new," Lakansha chimed as she stood. "Shame to let it sit there. I think we should bury the priestesses, though. Laetatia, can you help me?" She shifted from foot to foot. "I.... don't think Kova will."





-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~-

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I can't really think of an author I would hate to meet. Though the idea of meeting any of the authors I admire makes me really nervous. I am an awkward potato, and I worry that I would embarrass myself. (edited, I added the names of the authors, I didn't think to do that earlier)

Most
*Sarah J. Maas
I love her books. She seems like a pretty down to
 earth person based on interviews I have seen.


Least
*Abbi Glines
Based on some of her recent books, I just don't really want to meet her.

6 comments:

  1. I don't often read fantasy, but this sounds like a good one.
    My Friday post features Half Broke Horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sand gets everywhere--and so I can only imagine how much worse it would be with a prosthetic! Season of the Wind sounds like a good one. I hope you are enjoying it!

    I'm assuming from Carrie's post that the first one is Sarah J. Maas? I haven't a clue who is in the second photo, I'm afraid.

    Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree that while I'd love to meet my favorite author I'd be so awkward that it would be rather embarrassing but I like to pretend it would go over well lol
    Sarah J Maas would be so great to meet! She does seem so down to Earth that maybe it wouldn't be as weird lol
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Your current read looks interesting. I never say no to a god of mischief *wink*

    ReplyDelete