Translate

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: True North (True Born Trilogy #2) by L.E. Sterling // Friday 50/50

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


So, this past week I was fighting getting sick. I was somewhat violently ill on Monday, guess I lost that fight. Whatever was making me feel kind of off was just, for lack of a nicer word, erupted from my system. It was really unpleasant to put it lightly, no need for details, it was gross. ANYWAYS! I am better now, and back to blogging/reading. 

Synopsis:
     Abandoned by her family in Plague-ridden Dominion City, eighteen-year-old Lucy Fox has no choice but to rely upon the kindness of the True Borns, a renegade group of genetically enhanced humans, to save her twin sister, Margot. But Nolan Storm, their mysterious leader, has his own agenda. When Storm backtracks on his promise to rescue Margot, Lucy takes her fate into her own hands and sets off for Russia with her True Born bodyguard and maybe-something-more, the lethal yet beautiful Jared Price. In Russia, there's been whispered rumors of Plague Cure.
     While Lucy fights her magnetic attraction to Jared, anxious that his loyalty to Storm will hurt her chances of finding her sister, they quickly discover that not all is as it appears…and discovering the secrets contained in the Fox sisters' blood before they wind up dead is just the beginning.?? 
     As they say in Dominion, sometimes it’s not you…it’s your DNA.




Book Beginning:
Sometimes flesh and bone are as inexplicable as magic.

My 56:
I wake folded in a pool of warm sunlight. The sun sputters under a wisp of cloud but reappears to bathe my bare arms in the first sunlight I've seen in what seems like years.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

Lightest/Darkest Book

Darkest

This book was creepy, I read it back in 2014. I don't remember a whole lot about it other than it was weird and creepy. Review







Lightest


A wonderfully sweet, contemporary romance, the whole series is fantastic really. I haven't finished it yet, there are a lot of books in it, but I have loved every single one I have read. Review

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard much about this book, but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the opening of TRUE NORTH, and I'm curious about the world this author has created. Sounds like a good story.
    My Friday post features Still Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a book that I recently tried to win. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better. The book sounds good too. This week I am featuring One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True North has an interesting premise. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete