Translate

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.



"Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?"
  -Daughter of Smoke & Bone

"Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic."
  -Daughter of Smoke & Bone

"There was dishonor, she decided, in accepting someone else's idea of honor without question"
-The Winner's Crime

"I know your soul. Everything else is just an ornament."
-The Star-Touched Queen

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Wasn't that what religions did? Squint at one another and declare, 'My unprovable belief is better than your unprovable belief. Suck it.'"
-Dreams of Gods & Monsters

"It would not take a monster to destroy a monster- but a light, light to drive out darkness."
-Heir of Fire

"We can heal. Perhaps we can return to that same place we once stood, when we were both young and innocent."
-Champion

“I don’t mind being a moth. I would probably start eating silk if it meant that I could fly.”
-The Winner's Crime

“Because if you don't choose to fight against the wrong in the world, then you are the wrong in the world.”
-Frozen Tides

3 comments:

  1. Great topic, Marie! I have lots of quotes saved on my blog (via a review) and/or Goodreads, so next time I put a "your choice" Top Ten Tuesday topic together, revisiting this one would be fun. I think I put one together (full of quotes) way back when. :)

    Love The Winner's Crime quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that 3 of these are Laini Taylor quotes! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good passages and quotable lines in the DoSaB series.

      Delete