Translate

Monday, January 23, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: FREEBIE --- 10 Favorite Animes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


This list kind of is in order. Some I like fairly equally, but for different reasons.
I was completely wrong. I love all of these pretty equally for very different reasons. This is something that people who don't watch anime don't get, there really is one for everybody. Since this is just what cartoons are in Japan, which kind of puts our cartoons to shame if you think about it, there is a genre for everyone. There are silly anime, very violent ones, sugary sweet ones. If you want to look for an anime based on a genre and a rating, Kitsu.io is a great place to look. You can add me if you make an account, or if you already have one the site used to be Hummingbird, my Username is Alassea


Gurren Lagann

Possibly my most favorite ever. It's just the best.
*   *   *
Food Wars

This one has great characters, a lot of humor, and food that I wish I could eat. It's also pretty silly at times.
*   *   *
Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood

This is a really great, and sometimes tragic, story. The animation is fantastic and the Dub is amazing as well.
*   *   *
Inuysha

As my "gateway anime" I have to have this one fairly high on the list. I may have watched Sailor Moon first, but it was the same 10-15 episodes played on loop, on Cartoon Network. Inuyasha was the first anime that I watched every episode of, and I finally saw Final Act last year. I also think this is the anime that almost everybody has seen at least a couple episodes of.
*   *   *
Baccano!

This is another fantastic one. All these characters are pretty good, but Isaac and Mira are the best. The story is also really, really good. I feel like I say that about all of these, but that's why I like books as well. They have to have both a good story and equally great characters.
*   *   *
Parasyte

Probably the "darkest" anime on my list. Alien parasites that invade people's brains and take over their bodies. Sounds super lame when I say it but it's really, really good. And only one season so the story is straight to the point.
*   *   *
One-Punch Man
 

Now, this is the most ridiculous one on this list. Saitama has the most boring face in the world until he's fighting that is. I love this stupid anime.
*   *   *

Yona of the Dawn


This one kind of bums me out, as I haven't been able to find anything about a second season and it's been a while. But, as an example from the last one on my list, it just might take a few years to get there.
*   *   *
Fooly-Cooly

The most bat-shit crazy anime I have ever watched. With only 6 episodes to explain this absolute insane story, I had to watch it 5 times to really catch on to what the hell was going on, and I'm still not 100% sure what it was about. I heard a rumor they were going to make more episodes, another 12 over the course of I think it was 5 years or something. Im not sure. It's fun and insane, and worth a few watches. But maybe you'll catch on after one or two watches.

*   *   *
Sword of the Stranger
So, I had Blue Exorcist on here, and I took it off. For several reasons. But Sword of the Stranger is amazing. From the animation to the storytelling, it's possibly one of the best ever made. It's a movie, not a series. The dog is best dog, he has a body count. 

3 comments:

  1. InuYasha, Food Wars and Yona of the Dawn are all awesome. My favorite is Kamisama Kiss, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love InuYasha - I haven't seen all of it, but I really enjoyed what I have watched.
    I really need to try Full Metal Alchemist, too. I've started watching Ouran High School Host Club and it's kind of addicting. I'm also a big fan of Death Note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. InuYasha is the only anime that I have watched where I think the English Dub is better than the Original Japanese. I didn't really like most of the voice actors for the Japanese version.

      Make sure it's FMA: Brotherhood. That series follows the Manga more closely.

      Delete