Translate

Monday, August 29, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Back To School Freebie-- Books That Were Required Reading in School (that I remember)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.



Most of these are from when I was in High School, mainly because there was more required reading then, and partially because most of middle-school is kind of a blur at this point. I mean, it has been I think about 15-16 years since I was in middle school, and I really aged myself with that statement. Anyways! here I go. Also, I can neither confirm or deny that I actually finished all these books. Not a fan of required reading, or reading things as a class. I was a really slow reader back in the day, and even still have a really hard time getting into books that I am forced to, or feel like I am forced to read. Which is why I DNF books when I am having a hard time getting into them.


Don't remember a thing about this book, I remember the discussions we'd have as a class, and I was always way behind them in the reading so I felt like a dummy.








Not gonna lie, I have never been more angry at or bored while reading a book than I was with this one. Everything about this book made me annoyed. Not really sure why I barely remember it. I think it was more to do with being told what the symbolism meant than anything else.





This is one of the books that I would like to go back and finish. Being a slow reader really put a damper on a lot of these classics.







The one book I remember from middle school English class. Only because this book is so weird. I don't remember if I ever finished it though.







These are the only books that I have any memory of being required reading, apart from anything Shakespear.

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of required reading either- that alone would make me balk. Reading for myself- that was fine. :) Oddly enough I liked Tom Sawyer a lot but struggled with Huck Finn. I don't actually remember a lot of my high school required reading either, other than a lot of the poetry we had to get through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of the required reading, but I did enjoy a few of them. Lovely list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of these were required reading in my school... we had Shakespeare, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm etc. :-) Here is my TT: https://pageturner20.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-42/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember anything about The Grapes of Wrath either. I also found The Old Man and the Sea annoying and boring and pretty pointless. I remember liking A Wrinkle in Time, but don't really remember anything about it. I think The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn would've been much more enjoyable if those two guys, one called himself a king, wouldn't have kept showing up so often.
    I didn't mind required reading and I enjoy reading classics. I plan to read more of the classics that I haven't had the time opportunity to read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Top Ten! I used to hate having required reading in school! I remember having to read Tale of Two Cities, and I couldn't stand it! Hah it was so boring, that I don't even remember what it was about! My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete