Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Music Monday: Across the Universe (2007)

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to Music Monday! This weekly meme was created by Lauren @Always Me. Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately! If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up. 

Rules:
Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).
     If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up here.
     Finally, have fun sharing and discovering new-to-you music!


I have re-watched Across the Universe and listened to the soundtrack a million times this weekend. I love the music from that movie so much and possibly unpopular opinion, I think they sing/perform the songs better than The Beatles did. It's hard to pick just two songs that I love from this movie, and I can't post the whole movie... ya'll will just have to go and watch it if you haven't already. I looked for the video clips of these songs because it's more moving and entertaining to see how these songs are used in the movie than to just hear them. This rendition of Let it Be always gives me goosebumps and puts me on the verge of tears, and the choreography in Come Together is awesome.







Bonus clip. Best visuals in most movies as far as I am concerned. I just love how the Writers and the Director took songs and changed their meaning for this movie.

4 comments:

  1. Somehow I have never seen this movie, but I really liked what you shared. I think I will have to watch this sometime soon! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny cause I thought I was going to hate this movie, because I'm not the biggest Beatles fan (don't shoot!) but I actually really enjoyed it! I think they could have got a better female lead, with a better voice, but what can we do? Great song choices! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually not really a Beatles fan either :p that's why I think they sing the songs better.

      Delete
  3. I love that movie! I'm more of a Stones kinda girl, but the Beatles are good too. Great choice for music Monday!

    ReplyDelete