Translate

Monday, April 18, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Made Me Laugh (or at least chuckle)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
There haven't been many books that have made me laugh. It's also hard for me to sometimes remember books I've read with lots of humor. I tend to read books that have a kind of dark atmosphere to them, and humor kind of gets overshadowed. But I shall attempt.


All the books by Armentrout have made me laugh or chuckle at one point or another. But the one that gave me the most laughs was the Lux series. Katy and Daemon's banter was the best part of that series.

Another series/book that has made me laugh is Harry Potter by JK RowlingGoblet of Fire, in particular, gave me more than a handful of laughs, well before the whole maze thing happened. It was mostly Hermione and Ron's banter that made me laugh.

This book is one I got from NetGalley but it was a different kind of licensing for it, so I was unable to finish it before the Adobe licensing for it expired. Which is a bummer, it was a really interesting book that I wanted to finish. I just got swamped and then that happened. The Deathsniffer's Assistant by Kate McIntyre

Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh is another book that gave me a few good laughs. Most of this book is stuff that is already on her blog, but I didn't really mind. This book has a kind of dark humor to it, especially with how she talks about dealing with her depression. But it's a realistic way people sometimes deal with it.

Crown & Key series, has a couple parts that gave me a good chuckle.

Reckoners series is really funny. All of Davids terrible jokes and metaphors.

The Mortal Instruments has many moments that are really funny. It's a shame that the show seemed to strip the series of all that humor and silly banter.



That's all I can really think of. Busy week, The husband got a new job so I've been really busy picking up where he did a lot of things. And it's been really hot and dry these past couple days so ALLERGIES-YAY! ಠ_ಠ

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad I could not come up with ten! I guess I don't read much humor. I have yet to read The Mortal Instruments. Here is my list http://videoclimbersvariations.blogspot.com/2016/04/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-to-make-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not come up with ten either.. nine instead haha XD Love Jennifer Armentrout and Cassandra Clare, and of course.. HP !

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have ten on my list either, it was hard to think of things! I love TMI, those do make me laugh, I forgot to put them on my list though! And I agree, I think Goblet of Fire is the funniest of the Harry Potter books :) great list!
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowling did a great job of weaving humor throughout the books - some of my favorite moments in the series! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goblet of Fire was my favourite Harry Potter book!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/top-ten-tuesday-53/

    ReplyDelete