You need to choose five books right way. These books will be used to answer the questions throughout the tag. The five books I have chosen are books I have yet to read, but plan too soon:
1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college.
Winter; page 159. First word is three letters, I went to college.
2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that persons job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person still in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemploye.
Winter; page 351, First name to appear is Cinder. She is a mechanic, a pretty amazing one since she is a cyborg. So I will be a mechanic.
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry.
Frozen Tides; Page 171 first name I see is Magnus. Awesome.
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend.
Frozen Tides; page 61 first name I see is Felix. (I don't remember who that is....)
5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has, remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have.
The Mime Order; page 93. first word I see has 4 letters, so Magnus and I will be having 2 kids.
6. How many children did you have? Open the third book as many times to see who your children will be. If you have no children, open the book once. The first name you will see, will be something of your choice. A couple of examples: neighbor, father in law etc.
The Mime Order; Page 115 and 322. Zeke and Paige are the first names I see on these pages.
I actually really like those names.
7. Book 4: Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live.
The Witches Daughter; According to the synopsis, it seems as if this book takes place in a place called Wessex, which was once a Kingdom in southern England. Sounds pretty awesome. ( had to look it up)
8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation.
The Witches Daughter; Page 160, first name I see Bill Posser. Doubt he has anything more than a horse or a carriage considering the era this book is set in.
9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet.
I think the only animals in this book are ones you'd expect to find in 15th century England. But I'll choose a cat, that sounds like a logical choice.
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy.
Into the Dim; Page 185. First name I see is Captain Lucie. No idea who that is, but that person is now my enemy.
In college I studied hard to become a mechanic. Learning how to take apart anything and put it back together with precision.
Magnus and I met at college and dated for a few years before getting married. Being dedicated and enjoying working with machines, children didn't come right away but when they did we had two children, twins, Paige and Zeke. They are now 12, and a handful. He runs the Mechanics shop with me.
Felix, my best friend, is a farmer who was one of the best customers we have, he helped in convincing people to come to the shop. Felix and Magnus are as close as brothers. He and Magnus took over a lot in the shop during the early years after having the kids as to give me some time to relax.
Being the only shop int the area, we mostly fix wagons and plows, and up date the wooden axles with something sturdier. It took a while to convince people that wood wasn't very reliable for wagons and carriages as they can break easier than metal. We live in an apartment close to our shop, as it is the family business.
We can afford a decent sized carriage and own a couple horses to get around by. We also have a large wagon and an ox to haul supplies for the shop. But we mostly walk to where we need to go with in the town.
Much in our life is great, but nothing can be completely perfect. We have only one real problem. Captain Lucie. The Captain is constantly trying to sabotage my shop, making claims of forgery and trying to blackmail us into giving him half our proceeds. Thankfully the town council is on our side and nothing has ever come of his claims but I suspect it's only a matter of time before he oversteps his position.
That is all I have time to say right now, the Cat is clawing at my leg. He must want to go out to hunt.
* * *
That was so much fun. I hope some of you give this a go. (I haven't done any creative writing in so long, so that little story was kind a challenge. But the best kind of challenge.)