Translate

Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice


These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

I am having a really off week. I think the after holiday stuff just kind of threw me off balance. I have a lot going on in my personal life as well. I am still reading the same books I've been reading for a couple weeks now. So, I am going to share my number one favorite Vampire book. And give an honorable mention of a book I want more people to read.

Synopsis:
We are in a small room with the vampire, face to face, as he speaks—as he pours out the hypnotic, shocking, moving, and erotically charged confessions of his first two hundred years as one of the living dead.



Book Beginning:
"I see..." said the vampire thoughtfully, and slowly he walked across the room towards the window.
Thoughts:
The first time I read this book I was in 7th grade. And it's been the standard for Vampire books for me since then.

Page 56:
"For what!" Lestat grimaced, so that his face looked like a skull. "For taking me out of school!" He threw up his hands. and let out a terrible roar of desperation. "Damn him! Kill him! he said.
 "No!" I said. "You forgive him. Or you kill him yourself. Go on. Kill your own father.

*     *     *


Honorable mention:
Synopsis:
She was only eleven years old and an orphan, yet the people of Lale's village hated her and drove her into the wilderness. Cast out, she followed her destiny to a place of dark and shadowy purposes, a school for foundling girls in the land of Tamurin. There Lale found affection, sisterhood and a home...and a profession that may cost her everything she loves. Driven by the darkest sorcery, she must conceal the truth of what she truly is...


8 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


    Here's mine: Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm not a fan of vampire books, I enjoyed Interview With The Vampire. Maybe it's time for a re-read.
    My Friday post features THE TIME IN BETWEEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It' been many, many years since I read Interview With the Vampire. But I remember enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Anne Rice books, especially that one. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic! I haven't been able to pick up a book by this author, but I hear she's one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have tempted me into reading a vampire book. You and Anne Rice, that is. Sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Anne Rice's reads <3
    The other is unknown to me, but maybe I should check it out?

    Our BB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Interview on my to read list this month too. I haven't started it yet but I'm even more intrigued now. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you enjoy it!!! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete