Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


Choosing quotes is hard.

“It's like a banana farm for guns!” 
- Brandon Sanderson, Steelheart

“The only way to end grief was to go through it.” 

“I was as unburdened as a piece of dandelion fluff, and he was the wind that stirred me about the world.” 
- Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses

“Sometimes you think you want something,” Arin told him, “when in reality you need to let it go. 
- Marie Rutkoski, The Winner's Crime

“One needs only a single match to start a fire” 
- Melissa Grey, The Girl at Midnight

“Fear is only your enemy if you allow it to be.” 
- Sabaa Tahir, An Ember in the Ashes

“Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” 
- Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes

“Forgiveness is freedom. It's something you do for yourself - to keep who you are intact. Now that I think about it - in some ways, it's kind of a selfish act.” 
- Anne Greenwood Brown, Lies Beneath

“Humans find unity in chaos, purpose in war, honor in battle. It is their curse that they cannot flourish without conflict.” 
- Lori M. Lee, The Infinite

“They said that love was terrifying and tender, wild and sweet, and none of it made any sense.
But now I knew that every mad word was true.” 
- Rosamund Hodge, Cruel Beauty

4 comments:

  1. These are nice. I like the one from Snow Like Ashes a lot, and nice variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these quotes!! I almost put "The only way to end grief was to go through it." on my list as well since I absolutely adored The Darkest Part of the Forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Winner's Crime!!! That series def has some nice writing and quotes!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete