Translate

Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: Eve and Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice


These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


So, I read this book a few months back, and since I've been in a reading slump for most of September, Ive already shared the books I'm currently reading.

Synopsis:
In the beginning, there was an apple.
     And then there was a car crash, a horrible, debilitating injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's could regain consciousness, there was strange boy checking her out of the hospital and rushing her to Spiker Biopharmaceuticals, her mother’s research facility. Once there, Eve has to heal, and cope with an eerie isolation only interrupted by her overbearing mother, a strange group of doctors, and the mysterious boy who brought her there.
     Just when Eve thinks she will die–not from her injuries, but boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.
     Using an amazingly detailed simulation, that is designed to teach human genetics, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up: eyes, hair, muscles, even a brain, and potential personality traits. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect... won’t he?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13493463-eve-adam?search_version=service


Book Beginning:
(Eve)
I am thinking of an apple when the streetcar hits and my leg severs and my ribs crumble and my arm is no longer an arm but something unrecognizable, wet and red.

Thoughts:
Very descriptive and  to be honest, kind of gross. But it certainly paints a picture.



Page 56:
(Solo)
Soon I may have enough to bring to the FBI.
Do I want Terra Spiker to go to prison? The question makes me a little uncomfortable. She sure has broken the law. Many laws.

12 comments:

  1. This is a very descriptive beginning but I love the premise of the book and the way it begins - here's my My Book Beginnings and Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. I am spotlighting The White Rose by Amy Ewing this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely a gory beginning! But evidently the person lives since she's telling the story. I'm curious about how she's put back together and how she creates "Adam."
    My Friday post features Beneath Montana’s Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that is definitely an unappealing image in that excerpt...LOL. It sounds like an interesting story, though. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see this one pop up ever once in a while, but never really looked into it. It sounds more than a little creepy. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gruesome opening...not sure this one is for me. Hope you're out of your reading slump soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen much about this book, but it seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover and the beginning really pull me in. Seems like its action packed. Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a weird way to describe the severing of limbs, so dispassionate.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How intriguing!! What a groovy beginning!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....lots of imagery.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete