Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Lie Down With Dogs by Hailey Edwards

Title: Lie Down With Dogs
Author: Hailey Edwards
Series: Black Dog #3
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: CrushStar Multimedia LLC
Publication Date: April 30th 2015
Source:  NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon US | Kobo
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Synopsis:

     "With tentative peace established in Faerie, Thierry returns to her job as a conclave marshal in Texas while the countdown to her coronation begins. But what happens in Faerie doesn't always stay in Faerie. A crown wasn't Theirry's only souvenir from her trip. Her new husband, Rook, is scheming again, and this time his plans are invading her dreams.
     When her best friend throws a beachside going away party, Thierry is grateful for the distraction from Rook...and from Shaw. But her presence in Daytona rouses an old evil, one who wants the future queen as the crown jewel of his private collection."


Review:

I like this series, I really do. But I can't help but feel that while a lot tends to happen in these books, when I finish one, I feel like nothing really happened.

Thierry, a character who's name I keep forgetting how to pronounce, had a rough time in this book.  Still reeling from her forced marriage to Rook, she throws herself into her work and gets herself suspended, then the vacation she goes on meant to help her unwind goes sideways, it just goes from bad to worse. 

With Rook invading her dreams, the hulking guards, and Shaw reentering her life, and the impending century long sentence as the Unseelie Queen, Thierry has had more than enough. I think what made this book a little less interesting for me was, Thierry complained a lot and it made her seem like a child upset about not getting her way. Sure she was tricked into marrying Rook, but instead of trying to make best of a shitty situation she just seem to ignore it, like that would make it not real.

I really liked that Shaw was part of this book, he was what I loved about the series, though I would've liked to have seen more of Rook, to get to know him better and maybe see that there was more too him than a ambitious jerk. 

I was really excited to finally officially meet a certain character that played a pretty significant role in all the characters lives.

I have mixed feelings about this series, but I plan on reading the final book, I want to know how it all ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment