Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Friday 56: Fury by Fisher Amelie

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice



These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.



Currently reading



56% on my Kindle App:
   "I remember asking my dad what was wrong with the guy's eyes and my dad explained, "He's sold his soul, son. Whenever you see that look in another persons, you run like hell. You hear me?"
     In retrospect, I realized it was a strange thing to tell a kid, but in that moment I understood what he'd meant, why he'd warned me.
      The trafficker smiled at me, but it wasn't all friendly. He was a man who'd answered a call from the devil himself and he'd relished in it."


*     *     *

Synopsis:
Can be read as a standalone.
     "Revenge is an euphoric thing. Trust me on this. Nothing compares to the release you get when you ruin someone’s life. When they've stolen important things. Things that didn't belong to them. Things I revel in making them pay for.
      What? Have I offended you? I’m not here to appeal to your delicate senses. I have no intention of placating your wishes or living within your personal belief system nor do I care if you hate me. And you will hate me. Because I’m a brutal, savage, cold-blooded murderer and I’m here for my revenge.
     I’m Ethan Moonsong…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most sacrificing man to the most feared and why I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

12 comments:

  1. Not my normal read, but this one sounds intriguing. I'm a cozy mystery kind of girl. I'd love for you to check out mine ... http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other books in the series are also really good. They all can be read as a stand alone novels, but, I recommend reading them all. They are books that can make you cry and leave you on the edge of your seat.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of romance, women's fiction, and historical fiction, but this book intrigues me. Maybe I'll branch out into this genre!
    My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book as a touch of romance in it. They are YA, but they certainly can be enjoyed by everyone.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like my kind of read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review is up now, if you want to check that out. I also recommend reading the other books that are out in the series Vain and Greed.

      Delete
  4. This is one I'd enjoy. I'm already picturing the scenes in my head!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/15/the-friday-56-61-jill-kismet-the-complete-series/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some dark elements to it, so keep that in mind.

      Delete
  5. Wow! That cover is stunning and I like the sound of it! I'm definitely adding this to my tbr. :)

    Check out my 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check it out. My review for it was just posted earlier, while I didn't give it a glowing review I still think this series is worth reading.

      Delete
  6. Interesting, but not my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete