Translate

Monday, April 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

(Anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

These are some of my favorite quotes, there are so many phrases that make me think in one way or another. I don't really have any specific reasons why I chose these, other than these just stood out to me the most.

*****

"Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters"Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone

"We accept the love we think we deserve" - Stephen Chbosky, Perks of Being a Wallflower

"Those who appeared to be victims were always the easiest to victimize."Morgan Rhodes, Falling Kingdoms

"Hearts don't realize they've been lied to. They still love anyway." - Abbi Glines, Just for Now.

"It is pointless to believe what you see, if you only see what you believe." - Marie Lu, The Young Elites.

"Fear, sadness. They're not weaknesses. They are overpowering, defining emotions. They make you human, (Sophie)."Fisher Amelie, Vain

"What's the point of having a mind if you don't use it to make judgments?" - Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

"You don't realize how much you miss something 'till it comes back to you, and then you wonder how you went so long without it." - Cassandra Rose Clarke, The Assassin's Curse.

"Maybe it's not in the perfection of life that things make sense, but in the chaos." - Rachel Van Dyken, Ruin

"I'm too poor to afford the luxury of hysteria right now." - Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me


6 comments:

  1. That quote from Wallflower rips my heart out completely. :(

    Also, I'm a new follower :D

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty gut wrenching quote, Thanks for following. :D

      Delete
  2. Such a great list, some old favourites and some new ones that make me want to pick up the books - particularly that last one!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to re-read that series again soon, I just need to buy the first two books first. The first time I read them I borrowed them.

      Delete
  3. I really like the quote on Abbi GLines <3 I love her books.

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most of the books of hers that I've read. I'm pretty excited for the While it Lasts movie. I want the other books in the series to be made into movies.

      Delete