Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Friday 56: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice


These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Review

Page 56:
     "But she didn't try to run. No one ever put up a fight when being taken to the quarantines.
Their eyes met. Cinder opened her mouth but nothing came out. She tired to plead forgiveness with her eyes.
     The faintest of smiles touched Peony's lips. She raised a hand and waved with only her fingers. 
Cinder returned it, knowing it should be her.
    She had already outlived fate once. She should be the one being carted away. She should be dying. It should be her." 

*   *   *

Synopsis:
     "Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 
     Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future."

10 comments:

  1. This is one of those books that I've read sooo many amazing things about and that sounds so interesting that I'm almost scared to pick it up! I will have to though and your teaser only makes me more desperate! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scared at first too. It's such a great twist on the fairy tale, it's worth picking up.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy Cinder and continue on with the series! I thought it was an original twist on an oh so familiar fairy tale and I loved what she did with the next two. I can't wait to see how it wraps up in Winter!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series. I have yet to read Fairest. I am really looking forward to Winter, but I'm a little sad at the same time because that'll mean the series is over.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this series!!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book and was shocked when I realized I hadn't written my review. Now I have them all and plan to go back and read them one after the other and review them.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/17/the-friday-56-58-terror-never-sleeps-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened when I did a Friday 56 for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I remember reading it and loving it, and instantly reading Days of Blood and Starlight. I just never wrote an actual review for the first book; I need to re-read that one and post a review.

      Delete
  5. I seriously want to read the whole series again but I don't want to wait months for them from the library again.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should save up and buy them after they are all released. I'm pretty sure they'll be a box set after Winter comes out.

      Delete