Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Aflame by Penelope Douglas

Title: Aflame
Author: Penelope Douglas
Series: Fall Away #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Publication Date: April 21st, 2015
Source: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon US | B&N | Kobo | Google Play




Synopsis:
     "The tables have turned. Now I have the power—and it’s his turn to beg…
Everyone wants to be me.
     Maybe it’s the sway of my skirt or the way I flip my hair, but I don’t care. Even though their attention is the last thing I crave, I just can’t stop. I dominate the track, the speed rattles my bones, and the wind and the crowd screams my name.
     I’m her. The girl driver. The queen of the race. And I’m surviving—something he thought I’d never do.
     They all still talk about him. Did you see Jared Trent on T.V? What did you think of his last race, Tate? When is he coming back to town, Tate?
But I refuse to care too much. Because when Jared does come home, I won’t be here.
     Tatum Brandt is gone. I’m someone new."



Review:
I have been waiting for this book since I found out it was going to exist. 

Then I read the excerpt at the end of that last book and I felt pretty shattered. It hurt to read what she did with two characters that I loved so much. I was sad, but I knew it would all have to turn out happy in the end.

And I am so, so, so glad that I was right. Jared and Tate are my most favorite New Adult couple. The give and take they have with each other, each challenging, neither holding back. I loved this book, I was really nervous as to how long it would take them to get back together. I am really happy it didn't take that long, but at the same time, it almost felt like it happened too fast. It was only a couple weeks tops and they were back to where they left off almost. 

I liked that this almost was like Bully, but this time Tate was in charge, and Jared had to deal with her pushing him to his breaking point. I liked that the tables were turned. But at the same time I felt really bad for Jared in this book. He was really trying to make an effort in his really messed up way, and Tate was really mean and not really like herself, I guess that was kind of the point though.

I love these characters, and I am going to miss them. It's a bittersweet ending and I think it was a perfect way to bring the story full circle.

**Note: I moved this post from a few days ago to now. I just now realized that I had posted a review for a book just before this one with the same title. They are different genres and have different settings, but It was still kind of weird.**

No comments:

Post a Comment