Translate

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Reader Problems Tag

I Saw tag on A Bookworm Called Jennie's blog, don't know who created it.  Wasn't tagged, but it looks like fun. I'm between reading books/ taking a small break from reading, because I've already read 16% of my reading challenge already this year. 

I just felt like adding a picture, whenever I make a
 blog post with out one, it looks weird.


You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
       That is a lot of books. I don't know if there are even that many that I'd ever want to read. But I suppose I'd take into consideration the kind of mood I'm in and just grab one. Or pull book titles out of a hat.

You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
       It would really depend on the why I'm not liking it. I can generally forgive grammatical errors if the rest of the book is good.

The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
       If I were to try and catch up, I'd read novellas to finish up. Those are generally around 100 pages or less.

The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
       As long as they are all hardcover or paper back I generally don't care too much if they match or not.

Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
       The great thing about the internet, and blogging is that you can always find a person who shares the same opinion as you somewhere.

You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
       I hide my face, or pretend that I have a cold.

A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration‽
       When this happens if I feel up to it, I re-read the previous book entirely, or just the last few chapters.

You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
       I'm pretty blunt. The people I'm closest to no longer get offended by it, so I'd just be honest and tell them that I don't lone out books to anyone and that it has nothing to do with them personally.

Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
       I would re-read a favorite book, then maybe some novellas.

There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
       It depends. I don't have a large book buying budget, so I'd probably end up just buying the ones I am most excited for, and maybe get the others from the library or in eBook form.

After you've bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
       Most of the time, I read them right away. But sometimes it takes a couple of days to a couple of weeks because I read multiple books at a time.



That is all, if you think this sounds fun and you have yet to do this tag, have at it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment