Translate

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015—Bookish, Blogging, or Otherwise


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. The meme was created because they love making and sharing lists. That's good news for me because I also love making lists as a way to organize things going on in my life.


Every week, there is a new topic for Top Ten Tuesday, and all you have to do is create your top ten list (or somewhere around ten) based on it. Oh, and be sure to link back to The Broke and the Bookish! Then you can add your name to the link-up tool that they include in their post! 

*   *   *   *   *


1) Write more consistent reviews
       I don't always write reviews for the books I read. For different reasons, sometimes I don't really have much to say about the book (I don't like writing one sentence reviews on my blog) But sometimes the reason I don't post a review of a certain book I read has more to do with me being slightly embarrassed with the book I read. Sometimes I enjoy reading a cliche cheesy book, and sometimes I like reading a smutty romance. I know those books aren't great works with interesting and unique characters, so I don't feel very compelled to post a review for it on my blog even if I did love it.

2)Stop setting high reading goals I don't know if I should finish
       The past couple of years I have had reading goals for over 100 books, and I really shouldn't. This year I read almost 250 books, I didn't need to have such a high goal. Reading 50 or 60 books in a year is enough, and I have other things I should be doing. Like keeping my apartment cleaner, and going outside.

3)Branch out more
       I would like to start branching out more in the bookish community. I don't exactly feel like I am part of the blogging community even though I have been doing this for almost 2 years now.

4)Trim down my 'Want-to-read' Shelf on Goodreads.
       There are so many books on that shelf, many of them I know I will never actually read even though I want to. I don't have the biggest budget when it comes to buying books, so I need to trim that list down. Once I do, I know the number of books that I read and didn't enjoy as much as I wanted to will also get smaller.

5)Organize my blog.
       It may not look it, but right now my blog is kind of a mess. I have no plan of how and when I post things, I just kind of post whatever whenever. 

6)Stop feeling bad about not wanting to read classics.
        There seems to be a "thing" about reading classic literature. A kind of pressure that we have to read the genre for whatever reason. I have tried and failed to get into reading classics in the past. I've started and just never finished reading many different ones by many different authors, from Austin to Wilde. I just can't get into those books. I still respect them for what they are, and I understand that when they were written it was much harder to get published unless you had a lot of money.

7)Look into getting books from the library.
        I don't own a car, and I don't live near a library but I know many of them have eBooks available, and since my book-buying budget is so small, that could be a great option for reading books I'm not sure I'll like.

8)Stop. Buying. eBooks. (unless I know I'll like it)
        Yeah back to my budget. I buy/Dl way too many eBooks, Since they are a fraction of the price of physical books, I don't think about how they can add up. Then at the end of the year, I look back and am mad at myself for being dumb.

9)Give other genres a chance.
       There are genres I avoid. No real reason, I just do. I tend to avoid Sci-fi and Historical Fiction and some High Fantasy. I tend to read mostly YA-themed genres and NA Contemporary.

10)Maybe look into starting a Booktube channel
       I want to become a larger part of the bookish community, and I think maybe the best way would be to start posting videos. I have a nice camera, but I don't know how to edit, I'm sure I can learn though.

No comments:

Post a Comment